Scientis- Synthetic biology
About The Position
A young and exciting Israel-based microbiome company is looking for a highly motivated experienced scientist to join to Synthetic biology team
· Growing clinical bacteria
· Phage screening for clinical bacteria
· Phage characterization - plaque assay , growth curves, host range.
· Making molecular tools for clinical bacteria
· Planning and execute phage engineering
· Assisting in other team tasks as required
· M.Sc or Phd in biology
· Familiar with cloning techniques: utilizing different techniques such as – Gibson, T4 ligation, RF cloning, overhang extension, pCEP and etc.
· Experience in microbiology – Major advantage
· Prior experience working with yeast - advantage
· Experience with NGS library prep protocols – advantage
· Able to precisely execute multi-step protocols and adjust them.
· Fast learner and independent thinker, able to perform at the highest standards both individually and as part of a team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Fluent English
· Has or parts of patent/Provisional or PCT - advantage