Scientist for Synthetic Biology Team
- Ness Ziona
about this position
BiomX, a young and dynamic microbiome biotech company, is looking for a highly motivated, independent, and creative out-of-the-box thinker, able to lead scientific projects including all aspects of experimental design and analysis. The team specializes in developing advanced methodologies for the genetic engineering of bacteriophages and clinically relevant bacterial hosts. Additionally, the team is involved in managing research questions that arise from the various branches within the company, such as manufacturing, formulation etc. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment as a member of a multidisciplinary group.
Development and execution of novel technologies in the fields of genetic engineering and microbiology for the manipulation of phages and their hosts e.g. CRISPR/Cas, plasmid design
Advanced microbiological research involving characterization and isolation of phages.
Design and execution of tailored experiments to address specific research questions
Independent exploration of research questions, including literature searches and project development
Data recording, including protocols and reports writing, SOPs, and mentoring research assistants.
- Minimum requirements:
- MSc. or PhD in Life Sciences
- Highly motivated and adaptable to a highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to independently design and execute scientific protocols to address specific research questions.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques - must
- Experience in microbiology – advantage
- Fast learner and independent thinker, able to perform at the highest standards both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English