Scientist- Synthetic biology
About The Position
A young and exciting Israel-based microbiome company is looking for a highly motivated experienced scientist to join to Synthetic biology team
- Growing clinical bacteria
- Phage screening for clinical bacteria
- Phage characterization - plaque assay , growth curves, host range.
- Developing molecular tools for clinical bacteria
- Planning and execute phage engineering
- Assisting in other team tasks as required
- · M.Sc or Phd in biology
- Familiar with cloning techniques: utilizing different techniques such as – Gibson, T4 ligation, RF cloning, overhang extension, pCEP and etc.
- Experience in microbiology – Major advantage
- Prior experience working with yeast - advantage
- Experience with NGS library prep protocols – advantage
- Able to precisely execute multi-step protocols and adjust them.
- Fast learner and independent thinker, able to perform at the highest standards both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English
- Has or parts of patent/Provisional or PCT - advantage